It’s been a long time since I last looked at the site. Recently I got back into the swing of doing some updates and I want to give a quick rundown of the changes.

The most noticeable update can be seen on the Route Index page. I beefed up the index by adding the route description, author, and thumbnail to the index. I think it looks a lot better than it used to. The route author in the index is a link which will take you to a listing of routes by that author. Right now you will notice there are a lot of routes with the author “None.” The method I was using to save the authorship broke when I updated the page theme a while back. I’ve fixed that so routes created in the future will have the correct authorship.

I also fixed a bug dealing with loading routes outside of the countries where bike maps are supported. The bike maps wouldn’t load correctly because they weren’t being plotted with the plain directions. I’ve got that under control now so they should work as expected. If you find problems with the routes not loading try refreshing the page once or twice then contact me if it still doesn’t work.

Lastly, I’ve been doing some server side work as well. You will notice that the URL for the routes have changed from to . This is a prelude to the next major update I’m working on. A lot of it will be under the hood things which will make sharing the routes on facebook or twitter easier and better. I think now is a good time to get that locked down because the season is approaching and I’d like to be able to share my routes with my friends. I [i]might[/i] even make a facebook or mobile app. I’ve never developed anything for those platforms so right now it’s a long shot.